I'm an enormous fan of the online streaming role playing group, Critical Role. Their characters, their story telling, their friendships, are incredibly inspiring and heart wrenching and life altering. When a 5 hour stream slips by in the blink of an eye, you know it's a good show.
People have been making amazing fan art of this show forever, but my art form is yarn, so when Campaign 2 came to a close, I knew I needed to do something to commemorate how much these characters have meant to me for the past few years.
So, each of the amazing Mighty Nein is getting their own self striping colorway.
Stripe width will vary depending on tension and sock diameter. Stripe patterns are determined using a 64 stitch diameter with fingering weight yarn and size 2.25mm needles.
Yarns are dyed with color fast acid dyes in a smoke free environment.
Make sure to select which of my yarns you'd like to purchase. If this colorway is available in that base, "add to cart" will be shown, otherwise it will list "sold out." Price per skein will vary depending on yarn choice.
Product listed as out of stock? Click the "Email when available" button, and you'll be prompted to enter in your email address. Not only will you be notified via email within 10 minutes of the item in question being restocked, but I will get a notification that someone is looking for a particular base/colorway combo. I'll use that info to plan which colorways I should restock first!
My base yarns:
- Continuum is a 80/10/10 Superwash merino, cashmere, and nylon base, and has approximately 430 yds per 100 gram hank. Gauge is about 6-8 sts per inch on a US 0-3 size needle.
- Entanglement is a 75/25 Superwash merino and nylon base, and has approximately 463 yds per 100 gram hank. Gauge is about 6-8 sts per inch on a US 0-3 size needle.
- Inertia is a 2-ply, 80% superwash merino 20% nylon base with approximately 400 yards per 100 gram hank. Gauge is about 6-8 sts per inch on a US 0-3 size needle
- Degree is a 70% superwash merino, 10% nylon and 20% bamboo 4-ply with 460 yards per 115g.
- Photon is a 75% superwash merino, 20% nylon and 5% stellina 2-ply yarn with approximately 428 yds per 100g.
- Displacement is an 80% superwash BFL and 20% nylon 2-ply fingering weight with 400 yards per 100g.
- Volt is a 3 ply fingering with 90% Targhee and 10% nylon. This lovely has 465 yds/115g
- Ohm is a 3 ply fingering with 75% Corriedale 25% nylon with 434 yds/115g skein.
- Orbit is a 80% SW merino 20% nylon 3-ply sport weight yarn with 328yds/100g. It knits up beautifully on a US 2 - 4 or 2.75 - 3.5mm, getting approximately 4-6 sts per inch.
- Kilovolt is a 90% SW Targhee/10% Nylon sport weight with 355ydds per 115g. Gauge is approximately 5.75 sts/in on a US 3.
- Newton is a 75% SW merino 25% nylon 4-ply DK weight yarn with 245 yds/100g. It gets 5.25-6 stitches per inch.
Limited Edition/Specialty Bases
These yarns are not normally available, but can be custom ordered and may sometimes be dyed up.
- Alloy is an 84/16 SW Merino and Stellina (sparklies!) 3-ply fingering weight with 425 yds per 115g hank.
- Infinity is an 80/10/10 SW Merino, Cashmere, and Nylon 3-ply heavy fingering weight, with 383 yds per 115g hank.
- Matrix is an 80/10/10 SW Merino, Cashmere, and Stellina (sparklies!) 3-ply, with 425 yards per 115g hank. Gauge is about 6-8 sts per inch on a US 0-3 size needle.
- Crystal is a 80/20 SW Merino/ Silk 2 ply fingering weight with 400 yards per 100 gram hank. The twist on this yarn is identical to Inertia, but has the gorgeous shine of silk. Gauge is about 6-8 sts per inch on a US 0-3 needle.
- Curie is a 100% superwash merino sport weight with 286 yds/115g.
- LED is a 90% superwash merino, 10% Lurex 2-ply fingering weight with 411 yds per 100g
- Rotation is a 100% superwash merino 2 ply with 425 yards per 115g.
Unless otherwise stated all skeins are dyed individually, so colors will vary slightly skein to skein even if multiple skeins are listed.
Please be aware that although all of my yarns are superwash, I do not recommend machine washing. To increase the longevity of your projects, you should hand wash your finished objects in cold water with a small amount of wool wash (I prefer Eucalan) and lay flat to dry.
Great care has been taken to assure color accuracies in our photographs, but please be aware that monitor colors may vary.
If you have any additional questions, please see our shop policies or send us a message.